Xodus Group’s intelligent thinking and technical excellence delivers truly innovative solutions.
With almost 150 installations in the UKCS over 20 years old and over 100 over 25 years old, the structural integrity of ageing platforms is the primary focus of the HSE’s Structural Integrity Strategy 2008-2013. Structural Integrity Management (SIM) is a major focus for the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), and consequently Xodus is committed to providing the resources needed to fulfil SIM projects. We are also committed to providing intelligent thinking to SIM projects, so clients benefit from truly innovative solutions, not an answer simply based on standard methods.
The Xodus structural team has developed an enviable reputation for technical excellence, and delivery of projects on time and within budget. Immediate access to in-house experts in related disciplines including materials and corrosion, welding, and safety is one of the reasons behind our ability to provide a fast turnaround. So when a problem is identified, it can be assessed rapidly. Results are explained in terms that non-specialists can understand and our experts offer excellent value for money. Our rates are competitive and we can eliminate or defer repairs or identify conservatisms that are inherent in traditional design methods. Xodus has demonstrated significantly increased jacket capacity for major North Sea clients such as BP and Talisman using non-linear analysis techniques.
Our SIM service complements activities in field development, finite element analysis, decommissioning and marine renewable energy.
SIM capabilities include:
- Maintenance of analysis models and performance of structural assessments (linear and non-linear)
- Inspection planning based on inspection history, fatigue and pushover analyses, fracture mechanics, corrosion mapping
- Assessment of inspection reports
- Written schemes of examination
- Walkdown surveys
- Fabric maintenance
- Weight control procedures and management
- Maintenance of weight databases
- Evaluation of accidental damage, e.g. boat impact, dropped objects, fire, explosions
- Design of repairs and strengthening
- Gap analyses
- Provision of emergency response capability including out-of-hours service
- Production of annual summary report
- Liaison with Independent Verification Body (IVB) and HSE.